This is the first of a new series called HBAR which if you can guess means Heavy Barrel. We did not reinvent the wheel here just found a way to replace some of the mass"weight" by increasing the barrel thickness.
Why did we do this?
The reasoning behind this was to gain back some of what you loose. When you start reducing mass and adding windows on a slide it makes the slide reciprocate faster which in turn means you have faster follow up shots and lower split times. BUT you gain a bit more felt recoil by not having the stock weight of the oem slide profile. So by adding mass back to the barrel and a heavier tungsten guide rod which is also included it can replicate some of the mass lost from the slide being machined. Which in turn should give you softer recoil and faster slide reciprocation than a stock glock. This is what we call having your cake and eating it too...
How did we do this?
Like stated above we did reinventing the wheel but worked with what options are available. This pistol started its life as a 40 cal pistol, and we added a 9mm conversion barrel with no fluting to make sure to retain as much mass as possible. Because this was a 40 cal to begin with it had a larger diameter barrel and locking block which allowed us to squeeze a larger diameter barrel with smaller hole"9mm", just like having a bull barrel on your rifle.
- Sights: Fowler industries Sights
- Coating: DLC
- Full Top Serrations
- 45 Degree Bevel Serrations
- RMR cut with RMR Cover Plate
- Hand fitted Barsto HBAR Barrel:
- Every barrel is Hand Fit to each pistol resulting in the unparalleled accuracy. These barrels are capable of achieving sub 1/2" grouping at 30 yards.
- Color: TIN Gold
- Full 360 Degree Frame texturing
- Trigger: Folwer Industries Zero Trigger
- Fowler Industries Enhanced Glock Pin Set
- Round Double UnderCut on Trigger Guard
- Magazine Well Scallop (Gen 3 Models Only)
- Frames Compatible with Back Straps (Gen 4 Models Only)
- Heavy Tungsten guide-rod
- Polished Glock Plunger
- Lightened Striker spring (4lbs)